|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl mix egg whites, cream of tartar, salt, and vanilla.
2) Process mixer at medium speed and beat for 2 minutes till foamy and doubles in volume.
3) Increase the speed and start sprinkling very slowly as beater whirls for araound 15 minutes. 4) Process in high and beat for 10 minutes till it dissolves every grain of sugar.
5) Place a brown-paper-lined cookie sheet marked with 8 four-inch circles.
6) Place meringue in swirl into shells.
7) Bake in slow oven (275°) for 45 minutes.
8) Cool and peel off paper.
9) Serve warm.