|Salted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted pastry flour/All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||5 Teaspoon|
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Sift the flour 2-3 times then measure and add to a large mixing bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and beat until softened and creamy.
4. Add the flour and cold water and stir lightly to bind together to form a ball of dough.
5. Turn out onto a flour dusted work surface roll out into a circle of 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Place the pie tin on top and cut the dough leaving ½ inch extra around the circumference.
7. Lightly roll on a flour dusted rolling pin, place over pie tin and unroll to line the tin.
8. Press lightly fit the tin neatly and trim of the extra pastry dough.
9. Use the trimmings to make lattice on top.
10. Use the pie crusts as required to top the pies.
Pastry dough can be made in advance, wrapped in cling film and refrigerated until required.
If recipe requires baked pie crusts, prick the crust with a fork and bake at 450°F until lightly browned.
Use well browned pie tins or Pyrex tins as they give good results. Avoid the use of new pie tins.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1277 Calories from Fat 829
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g145.2%
Saturated Fat 59.2 g296.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 247.3 mg82.4%
Sodium 665.8 mg27.7%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 11 g22.5%
Vitamin A 57.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.6% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet