Lobster Newburg In Pastry Shells
|Pastry||1 (For Little Pies Or Tarts)|
|Canned lobster meat||12 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups, Two 6 Ounce Cans)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , slightly beaten|
1. Prepare Pastry for Little Pies or Tarts.
2. Use 6 heart-shape tart pans or individual salad molds. When baked, cool about 3 min. Use point of knife to loosen shells. Remove shells carefully to cooling racks. Cover with a clean towel and set in a warm place.
3. For Lobster Newburg—Drain lobster meat cut into 1/2-in. pieces and set aside.
4. Melt butter or margarine in skillet.
5. Blend in cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Bring just to boiling. Stir in lobster and cook over low heat until lobster is thoroughly heated. Vigorously stir about 3 tablespoons of hot mixture into egg yolks.
7. Immediately blend into hot mixture. Place over simmering water and cook 3 to 5 min., or just until mixture thickens. Stir slowly to keep mixture cooking evenly. (Do not overcook as sauce will curdle.) Remove immediately from heat.
8. Blend in sherry.
9. Spoon into heart-shape shells.