Tuna Pie with Cheese Roll Crust
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||12 1⁄4 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 450°.
2) Take a large sauce pan and melt butter in it.
3) Sauté after adding the onion and green pepper to it until they become soft.
4) Mix in the salt and flour and cook for a minute stirring all the while.
5) Add milk to the mixture gradually and cook over medium heat until it thickens and turns bubbly.
6) Add the lemon juice and tuna before stirring them in.
7) Take a greased casserole 1 ½ quart in size and add the tuna mixture with the aid of a spoon.
8) Spread the cheese roll on top of it.
9) Bake it by placing it in the pre-heated oven for half an hour or until the rolls turn brown.
10) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2069 Calories from Fat 904
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g155.9%
Saturated Fat 45.9 g229.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 262.7 mg87.6%
Sodium 2583.5 mg107.6%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.6%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.1%
Sugars 50.5 g
Protein 138 g276.5%
Vitamin A 46.8% Vitamin C 111.8%
Calcium 86.2% Iron 53.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet