|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 225 degrees.
2) Cut the bread slices into cubes, enough to measure 3 cups.
3) In an oven-proof skillet, melt the margarine or butter and stir in the garlic salt.
4) In the mixture, drop the bread crumbs and toss to coat.
5) Toast the prepared bread cubes in a 225 degree oven till the croutons are very dry and crisp (about 2 hours of toasting).
6) The Garlic Croutons can be served and used in a variety of ways. Can be used as a topping for salads, casseroles or vegetables. If not using immediately, store in the fridge and when time to use, simple reheat in the oven on a baking sheet.