Crouton Studded Crispy Prawn Balls
|White bread slice||4|
|White fish fillets||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Shelled prawns||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Root ginger slice||2|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Remove crusts from the bread. Cut each slice into small crouton-sized cubes. Spread out on a large baking tray and dry in a hot oven until slightly browned.
2. Chop the fish and prawns very finely. Mix together with the salt, pepper, egg white, finely chopped ginger, and cornflour. Blend well.
3. Shape the mixture into 5cm/2-inch balls, and roll over the croutons to coat.
4. Heat the oil in a deep fryer. Add the crouton studded prawn balls one by one. Turn with a perforated spoon until evenly browned, this takes about 2 minutes. Remove and drain.
5. Return to the oil and cook for a further 1 minute. Drain well on kitchen paper.