|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed (small clove)|
|Thick bread slices||2 , crusts removed|
1. Place the butter in a small ovenproof bowl and microwave on LOW for 15-20 seconds or until softened.
2. Beat in the garlic and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Butter the bread on both sides with the garlic butter. Cut each slice of bread into 12-16 squares depending on the size of the slice.
4. Spread the bread out on a sheet of greaseproof paper placed on a large flat ovenproof plate - you may need to cook half at a time if your oven is small.
5. Sprinkle the bread with paprika and microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2-2 minutes until the croutons are firm but not crisp. Re-position during cooking. Leave the bread to stand for 5 minutes. Top individual bowls of soup with 3-4 croutons.