|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chicken consomme||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Large, peeled, seeded|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1) Defrost the peas and allow this to come at room temperature.
2) In a saucepan, simmer the peas in 2 tablespoons each of chicken consommé and butter until cooked through.
3) Drain the peas.
4) In an electric blender, puree the peas.
5) Slice the cucumber into matchstick-sized slivers.
6) Sauté the cucumber slivers in remaining butter until tender.
7) In a bowl, beat eggs by adding cream and puree of peas.
8) Heat up the remaining chicken consommé.
9) Add puree mixture and cook over gentle heat, stirring constantly, until liquid is smooth and thick. Be careful not to boil the soup, as it will curdle.
10) Add cucumber sticks into the soup, just before serving. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season properly.