Lobster A La Crème
|Lobster meat||1 1⁄2 Kilogram, cooked and sliced (About 4 Medium-Sized Lobsters)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Button mushrooms||200 Gram, sliced|
|Chopped fresh marjoram/1 teaspoon dried marjoram||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||100 Milliliter|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon, mixed with 1 tablespoon water|
|Water||1 Tablespoon, mixed with corn flour|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (With A Pinch Of Sodium Bicarbonate)|
|Sodium bicarbonate||1 Pinch, mixed with cream|
1. Preheat the oven and prepare baking tray.
2. Roll out pastry 1/4" thick and cut into 6-8 squares.
3. Prick all over with a fork.
4. Transfer to prepared baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes till golden.
5. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
6. Melt butter with oil in a frying pan over moderate heat.
7. Add lobster, salt and pepper and saute for 1-2 minutes.
8. Pour in brandy and flambe, being careful and standing a bit away when you do so.
9. When the flame dies down add mushrooms, marjoram, wine and paprika.
10. Mix well before adding and stirring in cornflour mixture.
11. Bring to boil, stirring continuously.
12. Keep cooking and stirring till sauce thickens.
13. Add cream and mix well.
14. Take pan off the flame and prepare to serve or place over a double boiler to keep warm.
15. Place pastry squares on half- plates and spoon lobster mixture over them.
16. Serve immediately.