Creme De Coquilles St Jacques
|Sea scallops||8 Large|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Bread croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) Cut the scallops.
2) Peel and finely chop onions.
3) In a saucepan, put the scallops with parsley sprigs and sliced lemon.
4) Drizzle wine and let it simmer then cover the pan cook on low heat until scallops are tender.
5) Remove the pan from heat and take out lemon and parsley.
6) In a skillet, melt butter, stir fry onion until soft and then stir in flour.
7) Cook in low flame stirring constantly and then pour in milk.
8) Keep on stirring until paste turns thick and add in scallops with their liquid.
9) Reheat gently, blend egg yolks with cream and make a smooth taste with a small portion of the hot liquid.
10) Stir in the egg mixture in the soup.
11) Garnish with parsley and serve along with crisp bread croutons.