Jambon A La Crème
|Baked ham slices||8 (Thick Ones)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Trim mushrooms and cut into thick slices.
2) Peel and finely chop the shallots.
3) Peel tomatoes, deseed, and chop flesh coarsely.
4) Preheat oven at 400°F
5) In a shallow pan cook mushroom with wine. Reduce wine to 3 tablespoons.
6) Drain out mushroom and set aside.
7) Add shallots to the wine and cook till wine has evaporated.
8) In a pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
9) Mix cream to make a smooth sauce.
10) Add seasoning.
11) Mix cooked shallots and chopped tomatoes.
12) Boil the sauce, lower the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes stirring in between.
13) Lightly butter a flameproof dish and place ham in it.
14) Sprinkle mushrooms on top and pour cream sauce.
15) Sprinkle cheese evenly and dot with remaining butter.
16) Place dish under the broiler till cheese is browned.
17) Alternately, place the dish in oven and bake till cheese is brown.
18) Serve with buttered noodles and tossed green salad. Boiled potatoes and creamed spinach would go well with this.