Creme Saint Honore
|Unfilled crown ring||1|
|Unflavored gelatin envelope||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Crème patissiere||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Hot)|
1. In a cup, add gelatin to cold water and allow if to soften for 5 minutes
2. Heat the Creme Patissiere sauce.
3. Add softened gelatin to the hot sauce and stir continuously until the gelatin is dissolved.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. In a clean dry bowl, whisk the egg whites using an electric hand beater or wire whisk, until frothy.
6. Gradually add sugar to the eggs while continuously whisking until whites form soft peaks.
7. Add the egg white to the custard sauce and gently fold using a spatula or wooden spoon.
8. Pour the filling into the cream puff ring.
9. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
10. Serve the pastry chilled.
11. If desired, top the pastry with whipped cream and garnish with fruit or chocolate.