Pots De Crème
|Cooking chocolate||4 Ounce (sweet)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Grate chocolate; combine with cream and sugar in medium-size, heavy saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts and cream is scalded; remove from heat.
2. Beat egg yolks in a medium-size bowl; very slowly stir in hot chocolate mixture, then the vanilla. Pour into 6 potsdecreme cups or six 5-ounce custard cups; cover with lids or foil.
3. Place cups, not touching, in a baking pan on oven shelf; pour boiling water into pan to a depth of about 1 inch.
4. Bake in a slow oven (325°) 30 minutes, or until almost set in centers but still soft; remove from pan of water. Cool, then chill.
5. Serve plain, or top each with a dollop of whipped cream and can died violet, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2615 Calories from Fat 2201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 253 g389%
Saturated Fat 153 g764.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1398 mg466%
Sodium 238.7 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.2%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.3%
Sugars 52.2 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 158.4% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 50.5% Iron 119.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet