1. Preheat oven to 160 degree C or 325 degree F.
2. Place a sauce pan on medium heat, pour heavy cream in it.
3. Add vanilla, stir, and leave it to scald.
4. In a large bowl, add egg yolk, and sugar. Whisk just to combine.
5. Pour little heavy mixture and temper egg.
6. Whisk, and pour the remaining heavy cream mixture into the bowl.
7. In a mug, strain the mixture. Using a blow torch remove the bubbles, if any.
8. Into ramekins, pour the mixture.
9. Place ramekins into baking tray. Fill ½ of the tray with boiling water.
10. Pop it in oven, and cook for 30-40 minutes.
11. Remove from oven, and let it cool in pan for 15 minutes.
12. Then, place ramekins in refrigerator for 3-5 hours or overnight.
13. One hour before serving, lay brown sugar on foil, and let it dry for 30 minutes. Mix it between to dry evenly
14. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of ramekins. Spread it evenly.
15. With blow torch, caramelize sugar. You can also put it in the grill. Let it rest for 20-30 seconds. Repeat.
16. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.