Cornmeal Pancakes with Blueberries and Sour Cream
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200º.
2. In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, honey, eggs, and oil. Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture stirring constantly. Pour the batter into a quart-size measuring pitcher.
4. Preheat a large griddle to medium-high heat.
5. Spray the griddle with nonstick canola oil cooking spray. Pour out enough batter for four large pancakes, using about half of the batter. When the pancakes get little bubbles all over, flip and cook the other side. The pancakes should be golden brown on both sides. Transfer the pancakes to a baking dish and place in the oven to keep them warm. Repeat with the remaining batter.
6. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sour cream and brown sugar until the sugar dissolves.
7. Serve the pancakes topped with the sweetened sour cream and the blueberries.
This recipe has been excerpted from Astrology Cookbook written by Sabra Ricci.
Check out the newest review here: reviews.libraryjournal.com.