Butterless Fruit Loaf With Sour Cream Frosting
|Yoghurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Fruits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
2. Grease a loaf tin with butter or oil
3. Into a large mixing bowl, break 3 eggs, add oil, yogurt, sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Use a hand beater or wire whisk to beat the mixture until nice and creamy.
5. Into another medium bowl, sift all-purpose flour and baking powder.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix quickly until moistened,
7. Fold in dried fruits into the batter.
8. Pour cake batter into greased cake tin.
9. Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clear.
In the mean time make the Icing
10. In a bowl, beat and soften the butter then beat in the sour cream until smooth and creamy.
11. Fold in icing sugar and beat until smooth.
12. When the cake is done, remove from oven and invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
13. Frost the cake with the icing.
14. Slice and serve with tea.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4245 Calories from Fat 1414
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 160 g246.1%
Saturated Fat 37.5 g187.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 719.5 mg239.8%
Sodium 1404.3 mg58.5%
Total Carbohydrates 666 g221.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 514 g
Protein 48 g95.1%
Vitamin A 35.9% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 118.5% Iron 71.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet