Sour Cream Batter for Blintzes
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed for frying)|
1. In a bowl, break an egg. Add milk, sour cream and salt. Mix well.
2. Add flour and mix well till it becomes of a smooth consistency.
3. In a 7-inch skillet, melt butter.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of batter into it. Tilt the pan so as to spread the batter evenly.
5. Heat it till it becomes brown. Turn sides and let the other side brown as well.
6. Take a heaped tablespoon of a filling of your choice on each pancake. This batter is more suited for a sweet filling.
7. Roll up by joining opposite sides.
8. Butter a baking dish. Arrange rolls in a buttered baking dish.
9. Bake it in an oven at 450° F for 10 minutes. This batter makes a rich pancake.
10. Serve Sour Cream Batter For Blintzes hot with a dot of butter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1324 Calories from Fat 798
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.6%
Saturated Fat 53.5 g267.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 435.8 mg145.3%
Sodium 481.9 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 55.9% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 39.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet