Country Sour Cream Cookies
|All-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Regular, Light Or No Fat)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Decorator sugars||2 Tablespoon|
|Decorator frostings||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a mixing bowl add 2 cups flour and the rest of the ingredients, keeping aside the decorator sugars and frostings.
2) Gently beat and also regularly scrape the bowl till everything is well mixed.
3) Add in the remaining 2 cups flour and hand mix everything.
4) Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
5) Wrap in a plastic food wrap.
6) Refrigerate for at least 2 hours till the mix is firm.
7) Heat the oven to 350°.
8) On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thickness, one portion at a time. Keep the remaining dough refrigerated.
9) Using a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut the dough into different shapes.
10) On cookie sheets, arrange the cut pieces 1 inch apart and sprinkle with decorator sugars.
11) Place in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes, till the edges are lightly browned.
12) Decorate with frostings.
13) Serve as a snack with warm milk.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5771 Calories from Fat 2047
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 233 g358.1%
Saturated Fat 136.3 g681.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 970.9 mg323.6%
Sodium 3906.8 mg162.8%
Total Carbohydrates 864 g288.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.2%
Sugars 476.1 g
Protein 69 g137.6%
Vitamin A 136.5% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 142.5% Iron 151.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet