Grand Marnier Cream
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grand marnier/Or other orange flavored liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. In a small saucepan combine first 4 ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
2. Cook 5 minutes without stirring and set aside.
3. In an electric mixer beat egg yolks at high speed until thick and lemon colored.
4. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into yolks.
5. To the yolk mixture, add remaining hot mixture beating at high speed of an electric mixer.
6. Continue beating until mixture thickens and cools.
7. Stir in liqueur and fold in whipped cream.
8. Spoon into a 9-inch square pan and freeze with cover until firm.
9. Serve the ice cream with a garnish of cherries or as desired.