Sour Cream Raspberry Pie
|Thick sour cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Firm Ones)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Pre-heat oven at 325° C.
2. In a pan, take cream. Heat it on top of a double boiler over hot water.
3. In a bowl, add egg yolks, flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and 3/4 cup sugar.
4. Add a little hot cream into the egg mixture and mix it well.
5. Add this to the cream in the double boiler.
6. Cook it over medium flame while stirring it constantly for about 10 minutes or until it becomes thick in consistency.
7. Add raspberries and butter and cook for 5 more minutes.
8. Keep it aside to cool. Add lemon juice.
9. In a baked pie shell, pour the above liquid.
10. In a bowl, take egg whites and beat it until it becomes foamy.
11. Add sugar, little by little, beating it continuously. Beat the mixture until it becomes stiff.
12. Add vanilla and salt. Mix well.
13. Spread this meringue over the pie filling.
14. Bake it in a slow oven at 325° C for 20 minutes, or until meringue is lightly browned.
15. Serve Sour Cream Raspberry pie with cut raspberries.
Calories 557 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.5 mg51.2%
Sodium 501.7 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 59.3 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 38.7%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet