Full Cream Caramels
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Warm cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), whipped (For Whipping)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Lightly butter a 18-inch pan.
2) In a small saucepan, place together sugar, corn syrup, 1 cup cream and 1/4 cup water.
3) Cook the sugar mixture for 10 minutes.
4) Stir the remaining warm cream and remaining water and simmer for 5 minutes more.
5) Mix in the butter, small amount at a time.
6) Place the candy thermometer in the saucepan and heat until the temperature reaches 230°F.
7) Simmer and cook until the temperature reaches 244-246° on thermometer.
8) Leave the sugar mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
9) Stir in salt, vanilla into the sugar mixture.
10) Transfer the sugar mixture into the pan.
11) Allow to cool until solid enough to cut.
12) Serve at room temperature, or dip in chocolate sauce if desired.