Sour Cream Sweet Dough
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (105� To 115�)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 Stick)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon (From 1 Medium-Size Orange)|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1) Take a small and combine yeast with warm water. Add 1 tablespoon sugar and stir until dissolved. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
2) Take a large bowl and mix together butter, sour cream, salt, eggs, nutmegs, remaining sugar and nutmeg.
3) Take an electric mixer and beat until well blended. Add 2 cups of flour and beat again.
4) Add yeast and 2 additional cups of flour. Beat for about 2 minutes, occasionally scraping the bowl.
5) Gently stir in remaining 2 cups of flour and knead into somewhat soft dough (softer than what is usually made for bread).
6) Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until elastic and smooth.
7) Form a ball with the dough and place in a greased bowl, turning the greased side up.
8) Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. It can also be refrigerated for 2 days.
9) Use the dough for making sweet and sour bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4580 Calories from Fat 1365
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g239.2%
Saturated Fat 89.3 g446.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 784.5 mg261.5%
Sodium 3275.2 mg136.5%
Total Carbohydrates 692 g230.5%
Dietary Fiber 25.3 g101.3%
Sugars 111.5 g
Protein 102 g203.1%
Vitamin A 93.8% Vitamin C 37.6%
Calcium 49.1% Iron 220.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet