Making homemade cream cheese came from I having opted this year to cook a dish each week with a chosen ingredient, and I chose cream cheese. I love cream cheese, I think it can be the salvation of any meal. It has been a salvation of many of my favorite meals. When I announced that on Twitter, I got a reply back from Michael Ruhlman, who constantly asks us to cook our own food. When I attended Blogher food, i made bacon after seeing his demo. So I sat down, and looked up how to make cream cheese.
Half n half
8⁄9 Gram (1 pack)
1. In a flat baking dish, pour out half and half from the package.
2. Add Mesophilic culture and stir the mixture well.
3. Wrap plastic over the top of the dish and keep it aside on a kitchen counter for 18 to 24 hours.
4. Strain the cream cheese formed through a butter cloth and collect whey in a stainless steel pot. It will take 3-4 hours till this process is completed and your cream cheese is ready!
5. Stir some herbs or jam into this Homemade Cream Cheese and spread it over your bread for breakfast.
Looking for something homemade to layer to bread with? Try this Homemade Cream Cheese. This recipe takes very little preparation time and promises to deliver a rich and tangy spread which can be mixed further with herbs or jam to make your bread appetizing.