Sour Cream Lima
|Dried baby lima beans||1 Pound|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 , sliced thin|
|Chopped parsley leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Fresh)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Add salt, put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
4) Strain the beans.
5) Return the beans to the slow cooker, along with sour cream, onion, basil, parsley and pepper.
6) Stir the beans mixture well to mix.
7) Simmer for 1 hour.
8) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.