Frozen Lemon Cream
|Graham crackers/Vanilla wafers||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||2 , separated into yolks and whites|
|Chilled evaporated milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), whipped|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
1. Grease baking tray and spread half quantity of crumbs evenly over it. Keep aside.
2. In a small bowl, place egg yolks and beat well. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites and beat till stiff.
4. Gradually add sugar in small quantities and keep beating.
5. Add beaten egg yolks and fold gently using a wooden spatula.
6. Add whipped milk and lemon juice and fold in gently.
7. Transfer this mixture on to lined tray and top evenly with remaining crumbs.
8. Freeze for minimum 2 hours or till set.
9. Cut into pieces, thaw partially by keeping at room temperature for a few minutes, and serve.