Chocolate Sour Cream Fudge
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a 2-quart saucepan, tip in the sugar, sour cream, broken chocolate, salt and syrup and mix well.
2. Cook this mixture over low heat till the sugar is completely dissolved. Heat the mixture till it is boiling. Cover and cook for 3 minutes till heated through.
3. Uncover the mixture and use a thermometer to check the temperature of the mixture. The temperature should be around 238°.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, vanilla and mix well. Let the mixture to cook to lukewarm or 110° without stirring.
5. Beat the mixture vigorously till the candy is creamy and not glossy. Add the walnuts to the pan and mix well before pouring it into a buttered pan.
6. Garnish with walnuts and cut with squares for serving.
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.7 mg10.2%
Sodium 198.2 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 69.5 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 0.57%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet