Raspberry Sorbet Pie With Chocolate Whipped Cream
|For the pie shell|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For the sorbet filling|
|Frozen raspberries in juice/1 cup fresh strawberries||10 Ounce, thawed slightly|
|Blackberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For chocolate whipped cream|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon (Unsweetened)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh strawberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required, For Garnish)|
|Mint sprig||8 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Take 8 small tart pans and grease them lightly with 1 tablespoon of oil.
3) In a blender or food processor, process the graham crackers to a fine crumb-like consistency.
4) In a bowl, add oil, egg white and cracker crumbs. Mix well and pour evenly onto all the tart pans. Pack in the crumbs tight by pressing with a light hand.
5) Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
6) Meanwhile, in a blender add raspberries, blackberries, sugar and apple juice. Blend to get a smooth puree. Strain the puree to get rid of all the seeds.
7) Pour the puree evenly over the 8 pie shells. Freeze the pie shells for about 2 hours.
8) To make the chocolate whipped cream, whip the cream with an electric blender for about 3 minutes.
9) When the cream is thick and dense, add in sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Whip for about a minute to get a light and fluffy texture. Set aside covered.
10) Place the Raspberry Sorbet Pies on the serving tray. Add a dollop of the chocolate Whipped Cream over each pie. Garnish with a strawberry and mint leaf.