Grandmother's Burnt Cream
|Castor sugar||6 Tablespoon (6 X 15 Ml Spoon)|
|Jersey/Thick double cream of same quantity||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Orange flower water||10 Milliliter (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), grated (Little Required)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), grated (Little Required)|
1) Beat together the whole eggs, the egg yolks and 2 oz (50 g) of the sugar till the sugar dissolves, and then add the cream and the orange flower water.
2) Whip until a smooth mixture forms again and add the two grated rinds.
3) Ladle into six ramekin dishes.
4) Heat the oven to Gas Mark 2/300°F/150°C.
5) Place the ramekins in a roasting tray and add in hot water until it comes mid-way up the sides of the ramekins.
6) Bake in the centre of the oven for about an hour - till the cream gets cooked and when a knife blade inserted into the cream and comes out clean.
7) Let cool.
8) Sprinkle 1 tablespoon (15 mLspoon) caster sugar on top of each cream.
9) Arrange them under a hot, preheated grill until the sugar has melted together and separate crystals of sugar are no longer seen, but don't burn.
10) Take them out and chill well before serving.
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 277.5 mg92.5%
Sodium 378.3 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.64%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 24 g47.2%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet