Grandmother's Burnt Cream
|Castor sugar||6 Tablespoon (6 X 15 Ml Spoon)|
|Jersey/Thick double cream of same quantity||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Orange flower water||10 Milliliter (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), grated (Little Required)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), grated (Little Required)|
1) Beat together the whole eggs, the egg yolks and 2 oz (50 g) of the sugar till the sugar dissolves, and then add the cream and the orange flower water.
2) Whip until a smooth mixture forms again and add the two grated rinds.
3) Ladle into six ramekin dishes.
4) Heat the oven to Gas Mark 2/300°F/150°C.
5) Place the ramekins in a roasting tray and add in hot water until it comes mid-way up the sides of the ramekins.
6) Bake in the centre of the oven for about an hour - till the cream gets cooked and when a knife blade inserted into the cream and comes out clean.
7) Let cool.
8) Sprinkle 1 tablespoon (15 mLspoon) caster sugar on top of each cream.
9) Arrange them under a hot, preheated grill until the sugar has melted together and separate crystals of sugar are no longer seen, but don't burn.
10) Take them out and chill well before serving.