Mackerel Cream Bake
|Mackerel||2 Large, filleted|
|Leeks||2 (White Parts)|
|Canned chopped plum tomatoes||7 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dill seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Commercial)|
1. Set oven to heat to 400°F.
2. Use the butter or margarine to grease an oven-to-table baking dish which will hold the fillets in 2 layers.
3. Place the fillets in the dish, and sprinkle with salt.
4. Shred the leeks and carrot finely and spread them over the fish fillets.
5. Cover them with the tomatoes and juice from the can.
6. Sprinkle over the dill seeds, paprika and lemon juice.
7. Gently pour the sour cream over the whole dish.
8. Cover the dish closely with aluminium foil. Bake for about 30 minutes.
9. Serve simply with boiled or mashed potatoes; this is a rich dish.