Strawberry Sour Cream Pie
|For basic crumb crust baked and cooled|
|Fine wholewheat crumbs/Graham cracker crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon/Other preferred sweet spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Quart, hulled|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Make Basic crumb crust, combine crumbs, sugar and spice.
2. Mix in melted butter; the mixture should stick together when pressed (dry crumbs may need a little more fat).
3. Press mixture evenly over base of a 9-inch pie plate or flan case.
4. Bake 5 to 8 minutes if you wish, and cool, or chill well before use, depending on recipe.
5. Put 1 pint strawberries in a saucepan.
6. Mash with a fork.
7. Add and stir in cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice.
8. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and clears.
9. Cool. While cooling, halve remaining strawberries or quarter if large.
10. Fold into mashed mixture.
11. Turn into baked, cooled crust.
12. Blend together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla for topping.
13. Spread over the strawberry mixture.
14. Bake at 350°F for just 5 minutes.
15. Then chill for 4 to 6 hours (not longer).