Frozen Lemon Cream
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 1⁄2 , grated|
|Yellow color||1 Teaspoon|
1. For the crust: Melt butter in skillet and add the graham-cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar to mix well off the heat.
2. Into bottom of each of 12 (5-oz) paper or foil dessert dishes, sprinkle 1 tablespoon crumb mixture, making an even layer. Reserve rest of crumb mixture and then place paper dishes on tray or in shallow pan.
3. For the filling, whip cream, and set aside.
4. In medium bowl, with portable electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form when beater is slowly raised. Gradually beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time; continue to beat un- till stiff peaks form. With same beater, at medium speed, beat egg yolks until thick and light.
5. Beat in lemon juice and peel until well combined.
6. Fold egg-yolk mixture, whipped cream, and 3 or 4 drops food color into egg whites.
7. Turn 1/2 cup lemon mixture into each prepared dessert dish. Sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon reserved crumb mixture. Freeze until firm as this takes 2 hours.
8. Wrap desserts individually in foil, plastic film, or moisture-vapor-proof freezer paper; seal; label, and return to freezer.
9. Set the desserts to thaw in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Serve at room temperature