Sour Cream Venison
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Oleo||1⁄4 Pound, melted (1/2 Stick)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Sprinkle salt and pepper on the steaks.
3) Lightly sprinkle flour on the steaks.
4) In a pan, heat oleo.
5) In the hot oleo, brown the steaks.
6) Remove the steaks from the pan and keep aside.
7) In the same pan, saute onion and mushrooms, until onion is tender.
8) In a small bowl, mix sour cream with red wine.
9) Add this to the onion-mushroom mixture in the pan.
10) In a shallow casserole, arrange the steaks, and pour over the sauce.
11) Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
12) Serve hot with your favorite drink.
Calories 840 Calories from Fat 389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.6%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.7%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 92.4 mg30.8%
Sodium 335.2 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 78 g156%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 63.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet