Sour Cream Venison
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Oleo||1⁄4 Pound, melted (1/2 Stick)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Sprinkle salt and pepper on the steaks.
3) Lightly sprinkle flour on the steaks.
4) In a pan, heat oleo.
5) In the hot oleo, brown the steaks.
6) Remove the steaks from the pan and keep aside.
7) In the same pan, saute onion and mushrooms, until onion is tender.
8) In a small bowl, mix sour cream with red wine.
9) Add this to the onion-mushroom mixture in the pan.
10) In a shallow casserole, arrange the steaks, and pour over the sauce.
11) Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
12) Serve hot with your favorite drink.