Nesselrode Cream Mould
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nesselrode dessert sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Bottled)|
|Chopped maraschino cherries||2 Tablespoon (Green Variety)|
|Chopped red maraschino cherries||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a cup mix gelatin, salt, and 1/3 cup of the sugar.
2) Beat egg yolks with milk till well blended in top of a small double boiler.
3) Sprinkle gelatin mixture in it.
4) Cook and stir constantly over hot water for 15 minutes till the gelatin dissolves.
5) Strain into a medium-size bowl.
6) Chill the mixture stirring often for 50 minutes as thick as unbeaten egg white.
7) In a large bowl beat egg whites till foamy in a large bowl.
8) Beat in remaining 1/3 cup sugar each tablespoon at a time till it forms soft peaks.
9) In a small bowl beat 1/2 cup of the cream till stiff.
10) In a deep pan fill half with ice and water and place the bowl to speed setting.
11) Fold in thick gelatin mixture, whipped cream, nesselrode sauce, cherries, and vanilla.
12) Fold it on the bowl over ice till mixture mounds on a spoon. Spoon the mixture into an 8-cup mold.
13) Chill for several hours until firm for a night.
14) Before serving run a sharp-tip thin-blade knife around top of mold. Dip mold very quickly in and out of a pan of hot water.
15) Cover mold with a serving plate and upside down to unmold.
16) In a small bowl beat remaining 1/2 cup cream until stiff. Spoon the puffs on top.
17) Alternately spoon cream into a pastry bag and fancy tip press out in shape of bow.
18) Decorate plate with holly.
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.5 mg56.2%
Sodium 221.7 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.1%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 9 g17%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet