Maple Walnut Cream
|Broken walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Maple liqueur/Maple syrup||8 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a 9 inch pan, place the walnuts and bake in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes until lightly browned.
3) Chop half of the toasted walnuts and reserve the rest for garnish.
4) In a small bowl, stiffly beat the egg whites with an electric mixer.
5) Gradually beat in the maple syrup in a steady stream, until the mixture forms stiff and glossy peaks.
6) In another bowl, stiffly whip the cream then fold into the beaten egg whites alongwith pure vanilla and chopped walnuts, blend well.
7) In the bottom of glass dessert dishes, pour about 1 teaspoon of the maple liqueur or syrup, then spoon in the maple mixture, swirling at the top.
8) Freeze for minimum 3 hour, until firm.
9) Garnish with the toasted walnuts and maple liqueur, then serve immediately.