Strawberries And Raspberries Layered With Whiskey Cream
|Strawberries||9 Ounce, hulled and halved (250 Gram)|
|Raspberries||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Oatmeal||2 Tablespoon (Medium)|
|Flaked almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter)|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large bowl combine together the berries.
2. Add 2 tablespoon whisky, toss to mix, then marinate for 5 minutes or more.
3. In a small frying pan dry-toast the oatmeal and almonds over medium heat, for about 5 minutes.
4. Once golden and toasted, remove into a bowl and set aside to cool.
5. Whip the cream to soft peaks.
6. Pour in the honey and remaining whisky and whip until well blended.
7. Fold half the cooled oatmeal and almonds into the mixture.
8. Into each of the 6 dessert glasses, spoon half the berries and top with half the cream and most of the nutty oatmeal.
9. Repeat the layers of berries and cream, reserving a few berries for garnishing.
10. Cover the glasses with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours or more until well chilled.
11. Before serving, remove the cling film from the glasses, sprinkle with the remaining oatmeal and almonds and decorate with the reserved berries.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 0.22 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.1 mg0%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 60.3%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet