Sour Cream Cookies
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground nutmeg||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 350°F (180°C).
2) Grease cookie sheets lightly with butter.
3) For the Electric Mixer Method cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar and cream together till fluffy.
5) Continue beating and add egg and vanilla extract.
6) Blend in sour cream.
7) In a large bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
8) Blend in creamed mixture and beat till mixed well.
9) For the Food Processor Method, begin with creaming butter using the appropriate blade.
10) Add sugar and process until fluffy.
11) While the processor is running add egg and vanilla extract and process well.
12) Add sour cream and process till done.
13) In a large bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
14) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
15) On the cookies sheets drop one tablespoons of the batter at a time
16) Sprinkle freshly ground nutmeg on top of the cookie.
17) Put in preheated oven to bake for 12-14 minutes till springy.
15) Shift to wire racks and let it cool.
16) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.