|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
1) Take a large saucepan and melt butter in it. Add flour and stir well.
2) Cook the flour mixture gently for a couple of minutes. Slowly, pour in milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Simmer for a couple of minutes and then remove the pan from heat. Add cheese and mix well.
4) Now, in a clean bowl, whisk egg yolks and cream and fold into the sauce in the pan. Place the pan over low heat and gently heat the sauce (don't boil) , stirring continuously.
5) Adjust seasonings as per taste.
6) Toss sauce over freshly cooked pasta. Serve immediately, garnished with shredded Parmesan cheese.