|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Shallots||2 , sliced|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vermouth||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter, Such As Noilly Prat)|
|Fish stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter, Buy A Good-Quality Fresh Fish Stock, If You Can)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint|
1) In a heavy set pan, melt the butter.
2) Put in the shallots and sauté over low heat for about 5 minutes till they become soft and translucent.
3) Add in the fennel seeds, star anise and vermouth. Bring the mix to a simmer. Lower the heat and reduce it till turns syrupy.
4) Pour in the stock and simmer over a high heat. Reduce the liquid by half.
5) Add the cream in to the pan and boil again for a few minutes. The liquid will become a little thicker now.
6) Strain the creamy sauce through a sieve and then let it cool. Use as required.