1) Lightly grease a flat baking tray or use a non-stick baking mat.
2) Lightly dust your work surface and rolling pin with a touch of flour and roll out your pastry nice and thin.
3) Preheat the oven to 350° for about 15 minutes.
4) Take your template and place it on your pastry – cut out rectangles of pastry such that there are three rectangles for each cake.
5) Cut out a total of 12 rectangles place on the baking tray and allow to rest for about 15 minutes.
6) Carefully brush every 3rd pastry rectangle with cold water and sprinkle with granulated sugar – these will be the tops of the cakes.
7) Place the baking tray in the centre of your pre-heated oven and bake for about 12 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven and carefully place the pastries onto a wire cooling rack to cool.
9) Fill a piping bag fitted with a small star-shaped nozzle with the chantilly cream and pipe a wriggly line of cream along the length of one of your pastry rectangles.
10) Neatly arrange strawberries on top.
11) Place on top of this another pastry rectangle with cream and strawberries.
12) Finally, place the top pastry piece on (this should be the one that had sugar on top).
13) Neatly arrange your strawberry and cream slices and serve.
It's not always the bakery bought confections that are tasty. This video gives you a great deal of insight on how you too can bake a light dessert at home with a pastry dough, strawberry slices and Chantilly cream. The only lacking in this video is that it doesn't show what goes into the making of the pastry dough and the cream.
Light Strawberry And Chantilly Cream Pastries Recipe Video