Light Strawberry and Chantilly Cream Pastries
|Puff pastry||200 Gram|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chantilly cream||150 Milliliter|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (for dusting)|
1) Lightly grease a flat baking tray or use a non-stick baking mat.
2) Lightly dust your work surface and rolling pin with a touch of flour and roll out your pastry nice and thin.
3) Preheat the oven to 350° for about 15 minutes.
4) Take your template and place it on your pastry – cut out rectangles of pastry such that there are three rectangles for each cake.
5) Cut out a total of 12 rectangles place on the baking tray and allow to rest for about 15 minutes.
6) Carefully brush every 3rd pastry rectangle with cold water and sprinkle with granulated sugar – these will be the tops of the cakes.
7) Place the baking tray in the centre of your pre-heated oven and bake for about 12 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven and carefully place the pastries onto a wire cooling rack to cool.
9) Fill a piping bag fitted with a small star-shaped nozzle with the chantilly cream and pipe a wriggly line of cream along the length of one of your pastry rectangles.
10) Neatly arrange strawberries on top.
11) Place on top of this another pastry rectangle with cream and strawberries.
12) Finally, place the top pastry piece on (this should be the one that had sugar on top).
13) Neatly arrange your strawberry and cream slices and serve.
Calories 461 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.6 mg17.9%
Sodium 137.6 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet