Strawbeny Cream Log
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberries||4 Cup (64 tbs), finely chopped, reserve 4 whole berries for garnish|
|Reduced calorie strawberry spread||2 Tablespoon, melted (16 Calories Per 2 Teaspoons)|
|Thawed frozen whipped topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 15 1/2 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper and set aside. Onto sheet of wax paper or a paper plate sift together flour, baking powder, and salt 2 times; set aside.
2. In mixing bowl, using electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes; gradually beat in sugar, then fold in sifted ingredients.
3. Pour batter into paper-lined pan and bake until golden, 9 to 10 minutes (top should spring back when touched lightly with finger).
4. Remove from oven and turn cake onto a towel; remove and discard parchment paper. Starting at narrow end, roll cake with towel; set on wire rack and let cool.
5. In bowl combine chopped strawberries and melted spread. Unroll cooled cake, remove towel, and spread berry mixture over cake surface; reroll cake and place, seam-side down, on serving platter. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of log; slice reserved berries and arrange slices attractively on log.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1347 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 845.9 mg282%
Sodium 1658.9 mg69.1%
Total Carbohydrates 234 g78.1%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.6%
Sugars 109.6 g
Protein 46 g92.1%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 687.7%
Calcium 66.5% Iron 39.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet