Sour Cream Pfeffernusse
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, beat granulated sugar, butter, sour cream, honey, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, allspice, cloves, and salt. Add to sour cream mixture and beat until a soft dough forms, scraping down side of bowl frequently with a rubber spatula.
3. Divide dough into 4 pieces. With floured palms of hands, roll each piece of dough on wax paper to make a 3/4-inch-thick roll 10 inches long. Wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 3 days (or freeze for up to 6 months).
4. When ready to bake cookies, preheat oven to 350°F. Slice dough roll crosswise to make 3/4-inch-rhick cookies. Place cookies 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until firm and very lightly browned on edges.
5. In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons water to make a glaze. Remove cookies to a rack; brush with glaze and let cool completely. Store in a rightly covered container. These are better after a day or two of storage.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2942 Calories from Fat 662
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.2%
Saturated Fat 45.3 g226.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188.8 mg62.9%
Sodium 1283.2 mg53.5%
Total Carbohydrates 544 g181.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.2%
Sugars 338.7 g
Protein 30 g60.3%
Vitamin A 44.1% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 27.3% Iron 78.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet