Raisin Sour Cream Gingerbread
|Seedless raisins||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted shortening||5 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Shortening / margarine||2 Teaspoon (extra, for greasing pans)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderately Hot, 400° F. Grease 2 loaf pans, about 11 by 7 by 1 1/2 inches.
2. Pour boiling water over the raisins and let stand 5 minutes; drain and let cool. (If seeded raisins are used, cut in halves with scissors.)
3. Combine the cream, butter, sugar, molasses and eggs and beat well.
4. Sift the flour with the salt, soda and spices. Add to the creamed mixture and beat well. Add the raisins and mix. Pour into the loaf pans.
5. Bake about 25 minutes, or until top is crusty. This gingerbread may be reheated.