Coffee Cream Profiteroles
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram Or 1/4 Cup)|
|Water||3 3⁄4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter Or Scant 1/2 Cup)|
|White chocolate||5 Ounce, broken up (150 Gram, Of Good Quality)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram Or 2 Tablespoon)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter Or 1 1/4 Cups Heavy Cream)|
|Coffee liqueur||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon, Such As Tia Maria Or Kahlua)|
|For the pastry|
|Plain flour||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Gram Or 9 Tablespoon All Purpose Variety)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (For The Pastry)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, diced (50 Gram Or 1/4 Cup)|
|Freshly brewed coffee||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter Or 2/3 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/ Gas 7. To make the pastry, sift the flour and salt on to a sheet of baking parchment and set aside. Put the butter into a pan with the coffee. Bring to a rolling boil, then remove the pan from the heat and tip in all the flour. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a ball and comes away from the sides of the pan. Leave to cool for 2 minutes.
2. Gradually add the beaten eggs to the flour mixture, beating thoroughly after each addition, until they are fully incorporated and you have a smooth consistency. Spoon the mixture into a piping (pastry) bag fitted with a 1cm/ 1/2in plain nozzle.
3. Pipe about 24 small buns on to a dampened baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Pierce each bun with a knife to let out the steam. Leave the buns to cool.
4. To make the sauce, put the sugar and water in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Stir in 45ml/3 tbsp of the cream and the coffee liqueur. Keep warm or cool to room temperature.
5. To assemble, whip the remaining cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Spoon the cream into a piping bag and use to fill the buns through the slits in the sides. Pile on a large plate and pour a little sauce over. Serve the remaining sauce separately.