Sour Cream Drop Cookies
|Butter/Margarine / shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||9 Ounce (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
|Raisins||1 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 375° F. Rub cookie sheets with margarine or shortening.
2. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening until light; gradually add the sugar and beat thoroughly. Beat in the egg, then the sour cream and lemon peel.
3. Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt and stir into the creamed mixture; beat well.
4. Drop the mixture from a teaspoon 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with sugar and press a raisin in the center of each.
5. Bake about 8 minutes, until delicately browned.