Sour Cream Refrigerator Cookies
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine / shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Thick sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together.
2. Beat the butter, margarine or shortening until soft; gradually add the sugar, beating until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat thoroughly.
3. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream and mix well. Cover the dough with waxed paper and put it in the refrigerator to chill.
4. After 30 minutes, shape the chilled dough in rolls about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap each roll in waxed paper. Put the rolls in the refrigerator and let chill for 1 hour or longer.
5. Start oven, set at Moderately Hot, 400° F. Have baking sheets ready.
6. Cut the chilled dough in 1/8-inch slices. Place slices on baking sheets. Bake about 8 minutes.