Fresh Strawberry Sour Cream Shortcake
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Soften the yeast in the water five minutes, then stir until blended.
2. Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast and eggs, beaten slightly with the milk. Beat until the batter is smooth, about one hundred strokes. Add the butter and lemon rind and beat until the butter is blended into the batter, about fifty strokes.
3. Spoon the batter into a nine-inch ring mold, filling it half full, cover with a towel and let rise until the batter just fills the mold, about one hour.
4. Bake in a preheated hot oven (400° F.) thirty to thirty-five minutes, or until browned.
5. Carefully turn the savarin out of the mold and spoon over it hot rum syrup until the cake is saturated. Keep warm and serve filled with whipped cream. If desired, the savarin may be served blazing. To do this, pour one-quarter cup warm rum over the warm savarin and set ablaze. Accompany with warm zabaglione sauce.
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78 mg26%
Sodium 537.6 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 155.1%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet