Veal Nuggets With Sour Cream And Dill Sauce
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Ground veal||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dill weed||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon hot butter or margarine, cook onion until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. In large bowl, mix onion, egg, ground veal, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup half-and-half, and 1 tea spoon salt. Shape veal mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Flatten each to 1/2-inch thickness.
3. In same skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 more tablespoons hot butter or margarine (1/4 stick), cook flattened meatballs, half at a time, until browned on both sides, removing to bowl as they brown and adding more butter or margarine if necessary.
4. Into drippings in skillet, over medium heat, stir flour, dill weed, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until blended. Gradually stir in water and remaining 2/3 cup half-and-half, stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
5. Return veal to skillet; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; heat. (Do not boil or mixture will curdle.)