Jellied Almond Cream
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almond paste||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soften the gelatin in cold water.
2. Scald the milk in a double boiler, add the almond paste and stir until blended.
3. Beat the egg yolks and gradually add the almond milk. Return to the double boiler and cook over hot water, stirring constantly, until the mixture is slightly thickened. Add the softened gelatin and vanilla. Chill until beginning to set.
4. Fold in the whipped cream. Beat the egg whites, adding the sugar gradually, and fold into the almond mixture.
5. Turn into a glass serving dish and chill until firm. If desired, garnish the top with candied fruit.