Fresh Strawberry Sour Cream Shortcake
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||9 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Quart|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to hot (450° F.).
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and one-quarter cup sugar. Add the cream cheese and two tablespoons butter, cutting them in with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
3. Pour the beaten egg into a measuring cup. Add enough milk to make three-quarters cup and gradually stir into the flour mixture. Knead the dough about twenty seconds.
4. Pat half the dough into a greased round eight-inch layer cake pan. Brush the surface with melted butter. Pat the remaining half of the dough over the top.
5. Bake until done, about twenty minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
6. When the cake is cold, split the layers apart and place one on a large serving plate.
7. Wash, hull and slice the strawberries. Add one-third cup sugar and let stand ten minutes. Spoon the strawberry mixture between and over the top of the shortcake layers.
8. Top with sour cream sweetened to taste.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2832 Calories from Fat 991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.5%
Saturated Fat 62.5 g312.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 500.4 mg166.8%
Sodium 3227.3 mg134.5%
Total Carbohydrates 420 g139.9%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.8%
Sugars 198.9 g
Protein 52 g104.3%
Vitamin A 72.4% Vitamin C 930.6%
Calcium 179.3% Iron 104.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet