Cranberry-Raspberry Fools with Sugared Cranberries
|Cranberries||1 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Orange zest||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (From 2 Oranges)|
|Fresh ginger||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, peeled (and grated)|
|For the whipping cream|
|Heavy cream||3 Cup (48 tbs), divided (Cold Heavy Cream)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|For the sugared cranberries|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Prepare a parchment lined sheet pan.
2. In a microwave safe container heat water and sugar, until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add cranberries and refrigerate for 8 hours.
4. Drain the cranberries after 8 hours and combine cranberries and sugar in a bowl and using you hand coat the cranberries.
5. Place the cranberries in the sheet pan, evenly spread to form a single layer and leave enough space between the cranberries.
6. Set aside in room temperature for 1 hour.
7. In the meantime, start making the cranberry-raspberry fools.
8. In a saucepan combine cranberries, raspberries, sugar, orange zest and orange juice.
9. Over medium heat bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until the berries have softened.
10. After 15 minutes remove from heat and add the ginger, stir well.
11. Press mixture through a fine meshed strainer, scraping the pulp from the bottom of the strainer.
12. Once done allow to chill in the refrigerator.
13. In a bowl beat heavy cream using electric mixer until stiff peaks are formed.
14. Fold into the chilled cranberry and raspberry mixture, set aside.
15. In another bowl combine remaining cream and brown sugar and beat to stiff peaks.
16. Divide the cranberry and raspberry mixture into serving dish or cups.
17. Top it with the whipped cream and garnish with sugared raspberries.
18. Serve after a hearty meal.